Guys!! These muffins are SO Delicious. They're made with wholefood ingredients, sweetened with coconut sugar and they're vegan, so they're basically healthy right 🤫😛 You would never know they are plant-based, they're super rich and moist. You could also bake them for slightly less time to make them gooier and serve them warm like a fondant with ice cream - ideal for dinner parties. We want to see your creations! Please tag us on social media 🤩
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 12 Muffins
- 10g flax seed (milled or crushed)
- 60g / ml water
- 120g melted coconut oil
- 300g / ml Oatly Barrista (can switch to a different plant-based milk but this is the most similar to normal milk)
- 285g coconut sugar
- 140g buckwheat flour
- 105g oat flour (you can blend oats into a powder or substitute for buckwheat flour)
- 25g coconut flour
- 75g cacao powder
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoons baking soda
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 170g chocolate chips (plus a few to put on the top to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (180 degrees C for fan ovens)
- In a large mixing bowl add the flax seed and water then combine.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, the oat milk and the coconut sugar and combine
- In a separate bowl mix all of the dry ingredients apart from the chocolate chips.
- Combine the wet and the dry mix until almost combined then stir in the chocolate chips until fully combined
- Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
- Divide the mixture amongst the 12 muffin cases - they should be almost full, then top with the spare chocolate chips.
- Place into the oven and cook for 3 minutes then turn the oven temperature down to 180 degrees C (160 degrees C for fan ovens) and cook for another 12-15 minutes, or until the skewer comes out pretty much clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes then transfer the muffins to a cooling rack. Muffins are best eaten on the day that they are made but you can store them in an air tight container and they'll still be delicious for a few days.
Enjoy! Remember to tag us in your pictures @sweetdeceits